Parents can't seem to agree on whether there's a secret to raising good kids or not, and for every person who swears they know the secret there's an absentee parent who managed to raise a good kid even though they're never home.
But the secret to raising a good kid is the kind of thing behaviorists and psychologists love to argue about, and these experts love to boil it all down to one easy to remember list whenever possible.
According to human development experts at Harvard University there are 6 or 7 main "guideposts to raising caring, respectful, and ethical children"-
1. Teach children to control their emotions
2. Talk to them about taking responsibility for their actions
3. Teach your children to be compassionate and help the weak
4. Teach your children to be grateful
5. Instill your family values in them and show them what constitutes good behavior
6. Spend more time together
7. Be a good role model and mentor
You can read more detailed descriptions of each entry on this perfectly reasonable list of tips created by Harvard University here, sounds like rock solid advice to me!
We hope you like this article!
Please help us grow by sharing: