On Monday, a man walked into a bank in Malvern, Pennsylvania, and presented a robbery note to the teller. It said he was armed and demanded money. He left with several thousand dollars. But police were able to catch up with him.
- He had taken a cab to and from the robbery, and the taxi driver identified him from a photograph.
- He left a gym bag with $2,700 in the cab. The bag has a tag with his name on it.
- He also left the sweatshirt he had been wearing, as identified by the teller.
- And his wallet, containing his ID.
- Also his discharge papers from a drug-and-alcohol rehab center, with a piece torn off that matched the note he gave to the teller.
On Tuesday, police arrested 25-year-old Jamal Goodwin of Philadelphia, who was found with heroin, cocaine, and about $1,000 on him. Robbery and theft were only the beginning of charges lodged against him.
(Unrelated image credit: Flickr user raymondclarkeimages)