Submit your own Neatorama post and vote for others' posts to earn NeatoPoints that you can redeem for T-shirts, hoodies and more over at the NeatoShop!

Seagull Falls Into Vat of Curry

A seagull in Wales was checking out the pickings at a food manufacturing plant in Wales and managed to fall into a vat of discarded chicken tikka masala. Employees at the plant pulled him out and a volunteer took the bird to Vale Wildlife Hospital in Gloucestershire for a clean up. They were able to turn the gull from orange to white, but the smell remained.   

Lucy Kells, veterinary nurse at the hospital, said: “He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before. He had fallen into a waste vat of curry that was outside, it was chicken tikka masala. The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good.

“He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing-up liquid a few times.”

The seagull will be sent to a wildlife rehabilitation center when he is deemed healthy. -via Uproxx

(Image credit: Vale wildlife hospital)

Newest 2
Newest 2 Comments

Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Seagull Falls Into Vat of Curry"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More