NEW FEATURE: VOTE & EARN NEATOPOINTS!
Submit your own Neatorama post and vote for others' posts to earn NeatoPoints that you can redeem for T-shirts, hoodies and more over at the NeatoShop!


Hot Pockets

Josh Hamilton was making a purchase at a gas station on Owensboro, Kentucky, last weekend when his pants burst into flames! He ran outside and dropped his pants, and a store employee put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. The fire is attributed to a spare lithium battery he had in his pocket, which probably reacted with keys or coins. Never carry loose batteries without a cover. Hamilton was taken to a hospital with second-degree burns. -via reddit


Newest 2
Newest 2 Comments

I don't want to call him a liar, but ... his pants are clearly on fire. And, I'm never carrying batteries in my pockets again.
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
I almost had this happen to me. I mindlessly dropped some batteries in to the wrong pocket where my keys were. Fortunately in less than a minute my wife needed to borrow my keys. The keys and the batteries were blazing hot. Now I don't ever put batteries in any pockets.
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Login to comment.




Email This Post to a Friend
"Hot Pockets"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.

 

Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
 
Learn More