Jughead's Hat

What do they call that weird cap with the ragged spikes and various decorations attached? You've seen it in old movies, TV shows, and advertisements. It's been called by many names: a fedora beanie, jagged beanies, Whoopee cap, palookaville caps, devils caps, clubhouse hats, and Kingpins. I'm Learning to Share takes a look at how the style developed in the early part of the 20th century. Link -via Metafilter

Newest 5
Newest 5 Comments

I think originally they were felt hats modified by auto mechanic's to keep their hair out of their face when they were working,I've seen base ball caps worn by mechanics with the brim cut off, so that when you walk under the lift to change the oil etc,you dont catch the brim and knock your hat off all the time
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Thalia wears one of these in the first few episodes of "Maria la del Barrio", a telenovella.

And , no, I cant speak Spanish...you know why I watched it!
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Jughead's Hat"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More