Here is a video of chef Ferran Adria preparing an alcoholic sorbet using liquid nitrogen. This is an experimental food preparation technique also used by American chef and Food Network star Richard Blais, who recommends it as a way of impressing a date:
"You don't need to know any fancy techniques to make a dish with liquid nitrogen. This is the ultimate science-guy-who-wants-to-impress-someone-but-is-fudging-it recipe:
1. Buy your favorite ice cream at the store.
2. Let it melt (in its container) on the counter.
3. Pour the melted base into a stand mixer.
4. Let it whip, and while it's doing that, slowly add in the nitrogen.
5. When is it ready? When it's ready! Look for the same consistency as regular ice cream.
"You can even use liquid nitrogen to clean up after the meal. Sprinkle some on the floor and it collects all of the particles. It's easier than a vacuum.
"Will the goggles kill the mood? Not if your girl is into the sexy-nerd look. Hey, while you're at it, throw on a lab coat with nothing underneath.
Link via Digg