Stuffing a movie full of computer generated action sequences that have been done plenty of times before equals non stop snooze fest.
I'm passing on this one.
1. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms)
a. the creation of works of beauty or other special significance
b. (as modifier) an art movement
2. the exercise of human skill (as distinguished from nature)
3. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) imaginative skill as applied to representations of the natural world or figments of the imagination
4. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms)
a. the products of man's creative activities; works of art collectively, esp of the visual arts, sometimes also music, drama, dance, and literature
b. (as modifier) an art gallery See also arts, fine art
5. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) excellence or aesthetic merit of conception or execution as exemplified by such works
6. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) any branch of the visual arts, esp painting
7. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) (modifier) intended to be artistic or decorative art needlework
8. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms)
a. any field using the techniques of art to display artistic qualities advertising art
b. (as modifier) an art film
No matter how you spin it, video games are technically an art form. I mean, when weirdos out there mutilate and degrade themselves publicly and consider it "art," how in the heck could video games NOT be considered art?
Anyone who's played Final Fantasy 7, Legend of Zelda, or more recent games like Heavy Rain, know that video games are as much an art form as any motion picture.
Really, I love Roger, but it seems like he drags this tired old debate from time to time just because he can, and he know it creates the most discussion out of anything. Talk about beating a dead horse.
Athlete's seem to lack good judgement at the least, many of their athletic talents don't seem to translate well to acting like normal, decent human beings.
So now one of the school admissions criteria is going to be based on how 'hot' one looks (not that I'm saying the female in the video is)? I realize that looks are everything in society, from hiring to earning potential, but this is truly ridiculous extending it to admissions standards for schools.
No wonder the world hates us.
I find it highly doubtful that even the local Dubai authorities would find it distasteful if two couples gave simple kisses on the cheek and whatnot, especially if it were a foreign couple.
And it's their country and rules, who are we to judget it.
Mua ha ha ha :)
The student government and Alma Mater society were the ones that were involved with this incident, NOT the nation of Japan.
In fact, this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone claiming these suits were 'racist,' and they've been around for YEARS. Why is it we never heard of such complaints before?
Debating and bickering about how it prevented millions of lives vs. it was not necessary, in 5, 4, 3....