The British Medical Journal has released their annual Christmas issue, which contains a slate of satirical articles, many of them free-to-read. Subjects range from Is caviar a risk factor for being a millionaire? to A millennial discharge summary. Here is a portion of that report:
22 year old male with 12,000 Instagram followers (bot ratio 15%) "checked in" to the emergency department on Friday night complaining of "OMG
A&E documented a one-inch second degree burn to the right palm and multiple superficial burns on fingers arising from a spontaneously combusting smartphone.
Exposure to the ignition source was apparently prolonged as the patient took the time to extract his other smartphone, record a brief video, snap a selfie, select a filter, and post it to social media. Online history included labile opinions, frequent group brunches, and liking to excess.
Burn was cooled, disinfected, and dressed in A&E, and patient was admitted to the ward after threatening to leave a negative review on TripAdvisor.