Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT on Sourdough
37 g protein
19 g fat (3.5 g saturated, 0 g trans)
60 g carbohydrates (6 g fiber, 3 g sugar)
960 mg sodium
Regardless of what one's general opinion is of fast food, there are times in which it makes sense. Perhaps we're traveling long distance by car and are pressed for time, without other healthy options in our posession. Maybe we have very limited time between local errands by car, or we have mere minutes to grab much-needed sustenance between work stints. Whatever the circumstances, many of us, even if we take a dim view of fast food, sparingly choose that option in less-than-perfect scenarios.
Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich
32 g protein
6 g fat (1.5 g saturated, 0 g trans)
930 mg sodium
43 g carbohydrates (3 g fiber, 11 g sugars)
This article examines fast food nutrition values in order to suggest 26 healthy options. In this context, they have designated an item healthy if it meets certain predetermined nutritional values. Those requirements are stated as follows:
• Low in calories: For lunch, that means about 500 calories or less.
• Protein, to help you build muscles: Each of these meals has at least 10 grams of protein (ideally more!).
• Low in sodium (or at least not HIGH in sodium): We aimed for less than 1,000 milligrams of sodium per meal (which is high already, yes). Unfortunately some of the options are a bit higher than that — for anyone with high blood pressure, these are definitely not ideal.
• Low in sugar (or at least not HIGH in sugar): Each of these meals has less than 20 grams of sugar.
• No trans fat: Trans fats are related to heart disease, so each of these meals comes with 0 grams trans fat.
Obviously, if you're ordering a sugary drink or extra-large side of fatty, salty carbs with these items, the notion of your meal as "heatlhy" has just left the building. So self-restraint is called for in terms of ordering the items without additions that are costly, both to your health and wallet.
Check out their selections, and if you have any additional suggestions for fast food items that are healthier than most, please let us know about them in the comments.
Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap
36 g protein
13 g fat (5 g saturated, 0 g trans)
900 mg sodium
30 g carbohydrates (15 g fiber, 3 g sugar)