A friend of the man described the incident.
“I saw it swimming down along the creek and everything. And, I ran down and hit it with the machete and killed it and brought it up. He picked the head up and stuck himself right in the finger with it,” the man’s friend said.
The friend said the man purposefully stuck his finger in the snake’s mouth.
“He put his finger in there and all of a sudden the nerves, I guess, and it bit down on his finger.”
The man first refused medical treatment, but after he started showing symptoms of venom poisoning, he was taken to USA Medical Center, treated, and released. Link -via Arbroath