Escaping Cat Saves Burning House

A 3-year-old cat named Pepper used a trick worthy of Houdini to escape from a burning kitchen in Stoke Gabriel, South Devon, England. Frightened by an exploding microwave, he leapt to a window and nudged the catch open with his nose. Neighbors noticed smoke billowing from the open window and alerted the fire department. Homeowners Phil and Sharon White are grateful the fire was contained.
Phil said: "There is some damage but nothing compared to what it could have been."

Phil's wife Sharon added that Pepper is a law unto himself and has a fiery streak. "But all is forgiven now, " she said.

She said that neighbours also deserve credit.

Sharon said: "We are thankful that they did not just dismiss it as a bonfire. They rallied around and even directed the fire service here through the narrow lanes."

Pepper is still a bit spooked by his ordeal. "But he is still managing to eat plenty of food," said Sharon.

Link -via Arbroath

Newest 2
Newest 2 Comments

Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Escaping Cat Saves Burning House"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More