Mercury Thiocyanide

(YouTube link)

Mercury thiocyanide {wiki} is the chemical once used in the fireworks called "snakes". Burning it produces poisonous mercury vapors. So don't try this at home! -via the Presurfer

Newest 5
Newest 5 Comments

Nate--BWAAHAHA! We used to do that too! Then we got bored and started to experiment. We discovered that if you dumped out several boxes and stacked them into a huge pyramid, and then lit the top one, it would start a chain reaction that lit the rest down the line. You could keep the fun going for eternity with enough boxes!

Mom banished us to the road after we filled the entire yard with sooty curls. Did you know that stuff turns into a black paste when it gets wet, and makes awesome shoe-prints all over freshly-cleaned carpet...? ;-)

Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Mercury Thiocyanide"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More