Mastheads of The Times Newspaper

Here are the various masthead versions of The Times newspaper, from 1785 till today. Link - via Subtraction

Newest 4
Newest 4 Comments

At the newspaper where I used to work, the publisher insisted that the name on the front page was called a "nameplate" or "flag."

The "masthead" is the box, usually on an inside page, with the name of the publisher, editor, etc.
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
God I love typography. Thank you very much for this! If you find any more interesting sites related to typography or typesetting, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Mastheads of The Times Newspaper"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More