Submit your own Neatorama post and vote for others' posts to earn NeatoPoints that you can redeem for T-shirts, hoodies and more over at the NeatoShop!


Dog Wakes Owner During House Fire, Saving His Life

Around 1 AM on Oct. 7, Curly the dog nudged and pushed his owner, Vietnam veteran Brian Rand, until Brian woke up from his slumber. Upon waking up, Brian was shocked to see heavy smoke in his home at Beaufort.

Though the blaze destroyed half of the house, firefighters were able to save the man’s medals from his military service – but more importantly, the man credits the pup for saving his life.
"Got up and started walking, but when I got up, the house was overly smoky. Saw the flames through the side window," Rand told WJCL 22 News.
Rand, who lives alone, quickly grabbed Curly as he ran outside and called 911.
In a larger sense, Rand said that his wise dog’s actions ultimately saved his life, as he suspects the roof would've collapsed on him if Curly hadn't awakened him.

(Image Credit: City of Beaufort and Town of Port Royal Fire Department)

Newest 1
Newest 1 Comment

Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Dog Wakes Owner During House Fire, Saving His Life"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More