Fair season is almost upon us and if you're dying to see what's in store to fill your heart with cholesterol and your veins with sugar, then you'll be excited to hear that some of the new food selections at one of our favorite fairs, The San Diego County Fair, have been announced. Among this year's more interesting selections are:
- Chocolate-Covered Pork Rinds
- Pig Trough -three pounds of pig skins topped with pulled pork and cheese
- Wasabi Bacon Bombs –spicy pork with wasabi wrapped in dough and bacon and deep fried
- 10 feet of Bacon-on-a-Stick
- Deep-Fried Starbucks -whole Starbucks coffee beans and chocolate chips in sweet pastry dough, wrapped in bacon, deep fried, rolled in sugar and served with whipped cream
- Deep-Fried Slimfast Bar (presumably for the dieters)
- Deep-Fried Peanut Butter Pickle – a hollowed out pickle filled with peanut butter and then deep fried.
Personally, I'm looking forward to some chocolate-coverd pork rinds this year. If you live in San Diego, you can stop by and enjoy these treats for yourself between June 5 and July 5, but if you aren't in the area, you can be sure a local fair will be swinging your way sometime this summer carry some of these strangely wonderful treats.