"My husband Jonathan and I were searching everywhere, and then he had the idea of using the metal detector.
"We put Barney on the floor and ran the metal detector over him and he started to bleep."
The ring that Barney had swallowed had been given to Mrs Woolley by her grandmother.
"It was her engagement ring," said Mrs Woolley, who is setting up a bed-and-breakfast at her home in Thrumpton. "She's 104 in two weeks' time. It's gold and has three big diamonds, so it is probably worth a lot, but it's also very precious sentimentally."
Barney is such a small dog that the ring wouldn't pass naturally, and he underwent surgery to remove it. Woolley now stores her ring in a drawer when she isn't wearing it. Link -via Arbroath