After you've listened to them all, tell us in the comments which is your favorite (wait, or would that be least favorite?). 1. My call was "first in line" for, ohhhh, maybe about 20 minutes. That annoying synth string orchestra did me in by minute 2! A power drill is more pleasing to the ear.
2. Am I the only person here who is reminded of some other kind of music with this one?
3. There’s nothing worse with hold music than bad loops. This is the worst one I’ve ever recorded.
4. Good thing that guy keeps coming back on the line, otherwise this one would have surely put me to sleep.
5. This is only going to bother the musicians out there, I’m sure. Get a load of this sudden modulation out of nowhere and to what key? I had to cut off the recording abruptly to protect the company’s anonymity, sorry! It just keeps modulating, trust me.
6. Many of you might recognize this offender. It’s a lulu!
7. Another really sorry loop… made worse by having to hear that honkey-tonk horn over and over again.
8. I’ll keep this one short; otherwise you might go looking for a large mallet to knock yourself out with.
9. I used to enjoy Vivaldi’s Four Seasons… that is, until I had to listen to this little portion of the Autumn movement for—ready for this?—34 ½ straight minutes!! Verily, I say unto thee.
10. Not sure who you should feel more sorry for: me, or the poor sap who had to write this ditty.
11. Seemed fitting to end with what sounds to me like something John Williams threw in his garbage can while working on Indiana Jones.
So let’s have a vote: In your opinion, which is the worst piece of hold music on the list? Photo: viciousmomma.blogspot.com