Craig Nelson offers ten lesser-known facts about the first human moon landing:
6. The "one small step for man" wasn’t actually that small. Armstrong set the ship down so gently that its shock absorbers didn’t compress. He had to hop 3.5 feet from the Eagle’s ladder to the surface.
7. When Buzz Aldrin joined Armstrong on the surface, he had to make sure not to lock the Eagle's door because there was no outer handle.
8. The toughest moonwalk task? Planting the flag. NASA’s studies suggested that the lunar soil was soft, but Armstrong and Aldrin found the surface to be a thin wisp of dust over hard rock. They managed to drive the flagpole a few inches into the ground and film it for broadcast, and then took care not to accidentally knock it over.
Does that sentence even make sense ? Why would there even be a lock on the outside door of a spacecraft ? To prevent theft by Greys ?
- Grrclick- Houston to Lunar surface- Time to break up and go back inside Eagle.
- Kgggrrr.. Aldrin to Houston- Copy.
- Chrrclick- Houston to Lunar surface- Copy. Waiting for confirmation re-entrance Eagle.
- Grcklckclick- Armstrong to Houston- Climbing the ladder.
- Clickgrr- Armstrong to Adrin- ...Key?
- Gggrrrr .... Klcickghhhrrr.... Houston to Aldrin- we didn't copy that- Repeat answer please...?
- Armstrong to Houston and Aldrin- I'm standing on the porch and looking back to Aldrin.
- clgrr- Houston to Armstrong- Copy.
- Aldrin to Houston and Armstrong - ...Negative on the key...
- ghrrr- Armstrong to Aldrin and Houston- I didn't copy that- Repeat message?
- shhhhclick- Houston to Aldrin - We didn't copy that- Repeat message?
- Ggggggghrrr- Aldrin to Armstrong and Houston - Unless we have a crowbar on the Eagle, we have a Mayor problem...
- Ssssshhhhh- Houston to Aldrin and Armstrong- Copy- Wait for our guys to come up with a solution- switch to auxiliary oxigen on external tank 2- we have a serious problem....
- Klickgrrrrr- Aldrin to Houston - Copy.
- Gggrhh- Armstrong to Houston - Copy. ...Shit...
- Camera 1, 2 and 3 black / sound off / switch over to emergency message and President.