Mr Kitson sped over to his parents' house after his wife noticed a fire in the kitchen. When he got there, he did not know who to call first. “We had a fire, we had a burglary and we had someone injured so it was like an all-play.”
He believes it all went wrong for Kerr when he tripped taking a drum set down a narrow spiral staircase, and apparently knocked himself out.
“This might be where he done himself in, then he thinks, 'Ah! It's a good time to get the plasma TV when I’m knocked out and totally out of it.'”
Bleeding profusely, it seems Kerr then set fire to the kitchen before deciding it was time for a lie-down.
The burglar’s actions puzzled Mr Kitson.
“Why would someone come in, light a fire, go upstairs and fall asleep?”
Link -via Arbroath