Home Caught on Fire, So Couple Grabbed Dog but Forgot Boy!

When Crystal Adams and James Chandler's mobile home caught on fire, the quick-thinking couple grabbed their pet dog and fled. But they left their young boy inside!

Police said the firefighters learned that the boy was still inside the burning mobile home when Chandler and Adams told firefighters that they had forgotten the child. Police said that was about 20 minutes after the couple had gotten out.

"They were asked numerous times by law enforcement -- I overheard at least once or twice -- 'Is there anyone else in these trailers?'" Brucker said.

The boy was conscious when a firefighter found him in a bedroom, Brucker said.

"You tuck your kid in bed, you should remember that he's still in there," Brucker said.

Link (with video)

Newest 5
Newest 5 Comments

Ugh, If i was that kid I would beg child services to take me away. Anything compaired to those parents and their living situation would be an improvement, no doubt.
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Um, how can you not think immediatly of 'foul play'. We've seen many stories on the news over the years of parents trying to 'get rid' of their kids. It's just... suspicious. How can a parent not immediatly think of their kid..?
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Login to comment.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Home Caught on Fire, So Couple Grabbed Dog but Forgot Boy!"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More