The Abbotsford Police Department has a public service page on its website titled "How to Spot Grow Operations and Clandestine Drug Labs".
Here's how to tell if your neighbor is a "farmer":
- Rental Accommodations: Almost all marijuana growers will utilize rental property, residence & commercial to avoid damage to their own properties. E.g. high humidity levels & alterations to accommodate the grow.
- Discarded Equipment: Sometimes growers leave equipment lying around the yard such as nutrient containers, pots, wiring, soil, root balls, aluminum shrouds and PVC piping. On garbage day, a grow-op residence most likely will not put out any garbage due to the fact that grow houses are commonly used for the sole purpose of growing marijuana.
Here's how to tell if your neighbor is a meth cook:
- Windows blackened out or curtains always drawn.
- Unfriendly tenants appear secretive about their activities. Tenants display paranoid or odd behaviour; watch cars suspiciously when passing by their residence.
- Coming outside to smoke cigarettes.
- Chemical odor coming from the house, apartment, garage or detached building.
Link | Or, simply surf over to the DEA website and see if you live next door to one!