* John Adams started smoking when he was 8 years old.
* Harry S Truman would get up at 5AM so he could practice the piano for two hours.
* Dwight D. Eisenhower hated cats. In retirement in Gettysberg, Pennsylvania, he enjoyed shooting at any cat that came near his house.
* George Washington had his helpers brush his horses' teeth.
* The song “Hail to the Chief" was written specifically for James Madison. Because he was so small, no one ever noticed him when entered the room.
* While he was president, Calvin Coolidge loved having his head rubbed with Vaseline while he ate his breakfast in bed.
* Partial to skinny-dipping in the potomac, John Quincy Adams was once surprised by an enterprising lady reporter, midswim. She forced him into a naked interview. (Quite probably the first and only naked interview any president ever gave, unless Bill Clinton... okay, let's not go there.)
* Ulysses S. Grant changed his name from Hiram Ulysses Grant because he hated the initials “H.U.G.” He also hated music- all music.
* Benjamin Harrison was the first president to have electric lights in the White House, but he was terrified of turning them on himself. Afraid of electrocution, he made his servants do it.
* James K. Polk was plagued by diarrhea all through his one term as president. He finally died of what he called "a derangement of the stomach bowels.”
* James Buchanan had one eye set higher than the other, so he always walked around with his head cocked to one side.
* William McKinley's wife was an epileptic. He would sometimes cover her contorted face with a handkerchief during formal dinner parties.
* Martin Van Buren liked betting on the outcome of elections.
* Ronald Reagan once broke his leg in six different places when he ran into first base during a celebrity baseball game.
* Woodrow Wilson was a gifted mimic and loved to tell racist jokes. He also liked to imitate drunks.
* Bill Clinton was 8 years old when he was beaten up by a sheep. (!!!!!!!!!!)