Fire Breaks Out During Surgery

A fire started in an upstairs dishwasher at Medivet veterinary clinic in Southend, Essex, England. When the Essex Fire and Rescue Service arrived, they found a vet performing surgery on a dog. Firefighters battled the blaze and evacuated other animals, and also protected the operating room until the surgery could be completed.  

A spokesman from the fire service said: "The main problem was the smoke-logged building.

"Crews assessed the situation and decided it would be safe for the operation to continue."

A high pressure fan was used to clear the building of smoke.

The fire was brought under control in a half hour, and the animals were taken to another clinic. Link -via Arbroath

(Image credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service)

Love cute animals? View more at Lifestyles of the Cute and Cuddly blog

Commenting is closed.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Fire Breaks Out During Surgery"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More