A fire station in Lanzhou, Gansu province, China, was gutted by a fire recently, causing chagrin for the local fire department. It was first announced as a "training exercise," but later fire officials had to admit that a welding spark ignited a nearby can of gasoline, and the resulting blaze spread out of control. The improperly-stored gas can led at least one blogger to ridicule fire officials.
"They're forever telling other people what to do, how many extinguishers to have and closing down businesses because they don't meet fire regulations.
"How about we close them down now?" said one local blogger.