Hello, everyone! I'm excited to announce that this month's Tokyoflash Treasure Hunt is even more exciting: Drew Curtis' Fark is hosting a clue!
For those of you who haven't played before, the Tokyoflash Treasure Hunt is an online scavenger hunt where you can win a geektastic watch from Tokyoflash and cool stuff from the NeatoShop.
It's easy to play: we'll give you a set of questions, like:
1. What is the name of Neatorama's baby blog?
2. How many pages are there in the NeatoShop's New Stuff listing?
3. What is the name of the top grill listed in our post Top 10 Coolest BBQ Grills?
The answers (neatobambino, 3, lynx) make a web link for a page on this blog: http://www.neatorama.com/neatobambino-3-lynx (go ahead, copy and paste to your web browser).
Easy right? Let's get started with the Tokyoflash Treasure Hunt #13. Here are your clues:
1. On your mission from Shibuya to Azabu, the watch above instructs you to take a detour through a Tokyo neighborhood famous for its beer. What is the name of this place? Head on over to Tokyoflash website to begin your hunt!
2. One Tokyoflash watch has a striking fragmented display that lets you "break with tradition". What is the color of the band of this watch?
3. Head on over to Fark and delve into the Geek section. Between July 1st and present day, there's a Fark Headline about a Sith Shadow Council. What state is the council from?
4. Somewhere in NeatoShop's Science T-Shirt category, there's a T-Shirt with a "Tokyoflash Treasure Hunt Word" (yes, you have to hunt for it. Go to the individual product pages. After all, this is a treasure hunt!).
Visit Tokyoflash, Fark, and the NeatoShop to find the answers, and then string 'em together to form the URL (all words are *lower case*, separated by dashes in this form: http://www.neatorama.com/answer1-answer2-answer3-answer4 ). Follow the instruction there.
Hurry! The contest will end soon, so get going and good luck! (Thanks to Fark for participating!)Update 7/9/10 - The contest has ended and the NeatoShop clue erased. Here are the winners: Link