-- Curious Expeditions via Kircher
It sits in a small glass egg atop an inscribed marble base in the Istituto e Museo di Storia della Scienza, or the History of Science Museum in Florence, Italy. . . . The finger was removed by one Anton Francesco Gori on March 12, 1737, 95 years after Galileoâ€™s death. Passed around for a couple hundred years it finally came to rest in the Florence History of Science Museum.