1001 rules for my unborn son is a fantastic tumblr blog where you will find hundreds (so far) of words of wisdom about life. For example:
270. Stand up to bullies. You'll only have to do it once.
269. If you've made your point, stop talking.
268. Watch your language at the ballgame.
Sometimes, you find a gem like this one:
Always keep a recent photograph of yourself on file in case of emergencies or unexpected notoriety.
Link - via Nag on the Lake
Yeah, right. My son nearly hospitalised a bully recently, but it hasn't stopped.
You'll be dead.
What about the rules for your unborn daughter, or can she just do as she pleases?
Wow, i got this one right : terrible advice !
Most of these rules are pretty good, but it does leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. It's like whoever is writing these wants to completely control his sons life in minute detail.
That rule was definitely written for me. xD
259. If it looks like rain, carry an umbrella. She'll thank you.
257. If you offer to help, don't quit until the job is done.
But some of these have a very deep meaning, but appear to be nothing major:
213. Go barefoot. It toughens the feet.
As a grammar freak myself, I will tell you that it is perfectly acceptable to put a preposition at the end of a sentence. And it is fine if the beginning of a sentence is where a conjunction is at.
274. Don't settle for a store-bought cake. Bake!
The only one I truly take exception to is #14: Men with facial hair have something to hide. One of his rules should be to grow a beard. Every man should, at least once.