Spotify crunched the numbers on 120,000 playlists that people made and labeled as “Guilty Pleasures.” Supposedly, these are songs that people like to listen to, but have a hard time admitting it to their peers (but Spotify knows all). On those lists, here are the top ten songs.
1. Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega
2. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham!
3. My Sharona – The Knack
4. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
5. Cotton Eye Joe – Rednex
6. You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) – Dead Or Alive
7. Who Let The Dogs Out – Baha Men
8. Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
9. U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
10. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
I like “My Sharona,” because it was really big the summer I graduated from college. And I was once an avid Journey fan, but “Don’t Stop Believin’” is one of their weaker songs. And I’m not ashamed of liking anything by MC Hammer. I like some rather weird songs (that aren’t on this list), but I don’t feel guilty about them. What’s your “guilty pleasure” song? -via Uproxx