Samuel Woodhead, 18, went for a run in Australia's Outback. He was missing for thee days. If it wasn't for the contact lens fluid accidentally left in his backpack, he would have died of thirst before rescuers found him:
The teenager was said to be a little sunburned following his ordeal, but was hydrated and otherwise well.
His relieved mother Claire, 54, described how her son survived in the 40C heat.
"His father had packed boxes of contact lenses in his rucksack in an outside pocket and he'd forgotten to take them out," she revealed.
"He's lived on the fluid that the contact lenses ... you know the little packs of contact lenses? He's literally lived on those packs of contact lenses for three nights."