Wow, this is scary: a man got poisoned by ricin while staying in a Las Vegas hotel room and is now in critical condition.
Deputy Chief Kathy Suey said the man called from the hotel asking for medical help on February 14, saying he was suffering from respiratory distress, and was transported to the hospital.
Tests confirm the substance found in the room was ricin, police said, but it remains a mystery how it got there. Suey said the man hospitalized was not a suspect and police don't know whether the ricin was his, or if he even knew it was there.
How dangerous is ricin? Well, an amount the size of a head of a pin (about 500 microgram) is enough to kill an adult.