The wait is almost over, you guys. Yes. Lost is back on January 31. I know not everyone is into Lost, but the people that are *really* are. I include myself in that statement.
There is a group of six of us that get together for "Lost night" once a week and to have dinner and watch the show at one of our houses. When Lost went on hiatus, we started watching Grey's Anatomy (big mistake. I'm so done with Grey's). When everything was on repeat this summer, we started watching old Mystery Science Theaters.
Anyway, now that I have actual Lost night to look forward to again, I've been trying to plan a party for that night, with Lost-themed food and décor and whatnot. In case you're planning a party, here are a few ideas for you.
1. Serve airplane-sized bottles of liquor and mini packets of peanuts
2. Label all of your condiments and boxes with Dharma logos. You can get a Dharma font here. It's pretty cool, actually - not only do you get the Dharma logos for cola, crackers, candy and more, you get each of the stations plus the logos for the Hanso Foundation, Oceanic Airlines, Mr. Cluck's Fried Chicken, DriveShaft and more. Here's another option for you.
3. Seafood of any kind is always an option. Smoked salmon would look exceptionally good.
4. These awesome cupcakes from myaimistrue.com.
5. Scatter your luggage all over the living room (or wherever you're viewing the show).
6. If you're artistically inclined, draw a Dharma logo on some butcher paper and attach it to your door as if your guests are entering a hatch when they're entering your house. If I tried to do this, it would look like something a four-year old drew. I'm just sayin'.
7. I'm not this fancy, but if you're really doing it up, send out invitations that look like Oceanic Air Boarding passes. It wouldn't be too hard to Photoshop up.
8. Cookies shaped like fish - for Sawyer's fish biscuits
9. For snacking, leave out a tray of candy bars covered in the Apollo logo.
10. Order good ol' KFC but put "Mr. Cluck's Fried Chicken" labels on the buckets.
11. For an exclusive Lost soundtrack, hit up iTunes. You could give out a prize for the first person to correctly identify when/where the song was used on the show. Here's what you're going to need:
- Make Your Own Kind of Music - Mama Cass
- Downtown - Petula Clark
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
- Catch a Falling Star -Perry Como
- Walkin' After Midnight - Patsy Cline
- La Mer - Charles Trenet
- Anything else from thislist.
12. For dessert or decoration, artfully arrange orange slices on a plate. You could add some pineapple and coconut to balance it out. The orange slices are the obscure mention though.
13. Mark your wine with a Moriah Vineyards label.
14. Label a bottle of whiskey as "MacCutcheon". You could also use apple juice if you don't feel like tying one on.
15. Print off these pictures and slide them in one of your CD cases. Leave the CDs somewhere inconspicuous.
Just a few ideas... there are so many you could run with, especially obscure references. For some more ideas, just hit some random pages on Lostpedia. You're bound to get all sorts of ideas. And if you have any brilliant thoughts on what I could do/make, leave me a comment and let me know.
p.s. 15 ideas... get it?