The Dog Ate My Homework: Here's Proof

An Englewood, Colorado, student named Payton built a volcano as a school project. It was made of chocolate candy pinned to a foam base. Her dog Reggie couldn't resist, and ate the whole thing. Reggie was taken to a veterinary hospital, where x-rays showed 50 pins in the dog's gut! Many were retrieved endoscopically, but Reggie underwent surgery to remove the last few pins. Reggie has since recovered completely. Payton showed her teacher the x-ray to explain why her assignment wasn't done on time.

The science assignment has been redone and handed in for credit.

“I completely redid the project with glue the second time.”

Reggie and Payton received high praise for their first scientific endeavor.

“I got an ‘A.’ “

This just goes to show that no matter how old and cliched an excuse is, sometimes it might turn out to be true. -via Arbroath

Newest 3
Newest 3 Comments

I was going to express concern that the dog ate chocolate (it's very bad for dogs) but then I saw that the article says he ate "candy," not specifically chocolate.
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Commenting is closed.

We hope you like this article!
Please help us grow by sharing:

Get Updates In Your Inbox

Free weekly emails, plus get access
to subscriber-only prizes.

We won't share your email. You can cancel at any time.

Got a cute pet? Email tips to get your pet
featured on the Lifestyles of the
Cute and Cuddly blog!

Email This Post to a Friend
"The Dog Ate My Homework: Here's Proof"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window
neat stories? Like us on Facebook!
Close: I already like you guys!