Fire Breaks Out During Surgery

A fire started in an upstairs dishwasher at Medivet veterinary clinic in Southend, Essex, England. When the Essex Fire and Rescue Service arrived, they found a vet performing surgery on a dog. Firefighters battled the blaze and evacuated other animals, and also protected the operating room until the surgery could be completed.  

A spokesman from the fire service said: "The main problem was the smoke-logged building.

"Crews assessed the situation and decided it would be safe for the operation to continue."

A high pressure fan was used to clear the building of smoke.

The fire was brought under control in a half hour, and the animals were taken to another clinic. Link -via Arbroath

(Image credit: Essex County Fire and Rescue Service)

Commenting is closed.

We hope you like this article!
Please help us grow by sharing:

Get Updates In Your Inbox

Free weekly emails, plus get access
to subscriber-only prizes.

We won't share your email. You can cancel at any time.

Got a cute pet? Email tips to get your pet
featured on the Lifestyles of the
Cute and Cuddly blog!

Email This Post to a Friend
"Fire Breaks Out During Surgery"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window
neat stories? Like us on Facebook!
Close: I already like you guys!