Last year, Redditor whoratio-sanz spotted this sign stating a Lakewood, Ohio, local park's July 4th Park Rules:
- No generators, propane grills
- No tents and shelters
- Police will be conducting searches of bags and coolers for reasons of public safety
- No alcoholic beverages - at any time (current rule)
- No personal fireworks, including novelty fireworks and sparklers
- No dogs or pets allowed all day
- Skate park, Basketball courts, Tennis courts and kid's cove will close at 7 pm
- Notice: The entire park is under video surveillance.
Mike Summers, mayor of the City of Lakewood, said to The Lakewood Observer that these rules were added for the safety and protection of everyone, "Safety is our first priority. These added security measures will help to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July."
Enjoy your freedom, America!
We hope you like this article!
Please help us grow by sharing: