(Photo: James Lee)
Cheetos--they're nature's perfect food. Still, people try to improve nature's design and have succeeded, advancing the culinary wisdom of humanity. Here are 12 unconventional ways to cook and serve Cheetos.
1. Deep fried Cheetos! Tom Pizzica of the Park Slope Chip Shop in Brooklyn deep fries everything, including these Cheetos.
2. Marshmallow treats...flavored with Cheetos! Becky McKay made Rice Krispie treats, but replaced the Rice Krispies with Cheetos.
3. Cheetos donuts! To mark National Donut Day (an important religious holiday), Donut Prince in Burbank, California made donuts with dulce de leche and Flamin' Hot Cheetos. That Cheetos flavor, by the way, has sent people to the hospital.
4. Caramel-coated Cheetos are popularly known as "coyote droppings." I think you can see why. Instructables member Puero made these with corn syrup. Just don't eat one offered to you by a practical joker.
5. Cheetos macarons! The Macaron Parlour on Manhattan is dedicated to that sweet cookie. They've got a vast number of varieties, including one that's flavored with Cheetos.
6. Cheetos ice cream! Although we all use Cheetos as a garnish for ice cream sundaes, they can also go into the ice cream itself! Becky McKay chopped Cheetos and chocolate into her ice cream recipe!
7. Chocolate-covered Cheetos! But Ms. McKay didn't stop there! She also melted chocolate baking bark--that's a sheet of chocolate that breaks easily for baking use. Then she dipped Cheetos in to make the perfect breakfast meal.
8. Chocolate chip Cheetos cookies! Christina_S added whole Cheetos to her favorite double chocolate chip cookie recipe and served them with ice cream.
9. Hot Cheetos-crusted fried mozzarella sticks! Zach Wilkins and Jason Medina made a Tabasco sauce egg wash and used it to bond crushed Hot Cheetos to mozarella sticks. Then they deep fried these delicious little heart attacks.
10. Cheetos grilled cheese sandwiches! Michelle made this classy-looking sandwich with homemade sourdough semolina bread and provolone cheese.
11. Macaroni and cheese Cheetos pie! Kansas City BBQ Source posted a recipe for mac-and-cheese pie that uses Cheetos. Now all you need to add is chocolate syrup.
12. Cheetos quiche! Cheetos are the mark of the refined gourmand. This vegetarian quiche from Pacificlectic uses gruyere cheese and chanterelle--a fancy-shmancy fungus.
We hope you like this article!
Please help us grow by sharing: