Last week my favorite little guy started kindergarten. In his backpack, after the first day of school, I found this little pouch.
Inside the pouch was:
- Puzzle piece
- Cotton Ball
- Shiny Star Sticker
At first I thought the pouch was part of a homework project. Then I read the note. For those of you who can't read it clearly, it says:
Welcome to Kindergarten!
I am so excited to have you in my class this year! The items in this bag will help me tell you about your new classroom and classmates.
- The sticker is to remind you that we all stick together and help each other.
- The puzzle piece is to remind you that you are needed to make our class complete.
- The cotton ball is to remind you that our class is full of kind words and warm feelings.
- The eraser is to remind you that we will all make mistakes and that is okay.
- The shining star is to remind you that your future is "soooo" bright!
If you use these objects as reminders, we'll all be winners!
Whether you are sending your first child off to kindergarten or your last it is always an emotional event. A little bit, or bag, of extra kindness can go a long way in making the transition easier for everyone. So with that I say thank you to all those wonderful and motivated teachers who have already gone the extra mile to make sure that this year is off to a great start.
Good luck to everyone starting school over the next few weeks.