FREE SHIPPING SALE - All T-Shirt Orders Get Free Worldwide Shipping
That's right: free shipping whether you're in the USA or anywhere else in the world!

Car Fire in Safari Park

Where would be the absolutely worst place for your car to catch fire? In the lion enclosure of a drive-through safari. And that’s what happened to Helen Clements and her two children when they visited Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire, England.

Mrs Clements said she thought her car had overheated when it stopped inside the enclosure.

"Then basically, we thought: 'That's not steam, that's actually smoke'," she told BBC News.

"It was getting thicker and thicker and obviously coming into us, and then we saw flames."

She sounded her horn and both she and George opened their doors, before rangers came running towards them.

"Unfortunately they were shouting to us: 'Get back in the car, do not get out of the car'," she added.

Her son ran out but she called him back and within moments, a ranger had pulled up in a vehicle and got them out of the car.

They could not see the lions at the time as other cars were in front of them.

The lions did not approach, because they are smart enough to know fire when they see it. Still, it was a frightening incident. Rangers moved the lions out of the enclosure before firefighters extinguished the flames. -via Arbroath

(Image credit: Anna Lear)


Commenting is closed.





Check out Twaggies' very funny clip:

Om Nom - Twaggies by Twaggies
Email This Post to a Friend
"Car Fire in Safari Park"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.

 

Success! Your email has been sent!

close window