Countless stories have taught us that people who use eyedrops should never keep superglue on the nightstand. But no one should keep superglue on the nightstand. A 64-year-old woman in Dunedin, New Zealand, called emergency services Thursday night, but could not tell them what was wrong.
"Ambulance received a call, but due to the muffled speech ... they were unsure whether it was a medical event or whether someone had been gagged," Senior Sergeant Steve Aitken said.
"Basically, she could only grunt."
Ambulance staff called the police, who went to the woman's home and found that she had mistakenly applied super-glue to her lips instead of her normal medication.