What can you do with a riding lawnmower with a blown engine? Instructables member web4deb turned hers into an ice resurfacer. Here's how:
- Stripped off all the old mower decking and non-important parts and repainted it purple.
- Put on a small surplus engine.
- Made a scraper blade by grinding an edge into a piece of steel and mounted it to the lifter handle that was used for the mower deck.
- Found an old water tank and mounted it on the back. Then took a piece of copper pipe and drilled little sprayer holes into it.
- Added a squeegee mate that could be raised and lowered.
- Studded the tires with short stainless steel screws.
- Added some front and rear lighting for night-time driving. No Zamboni is complete without the blinking light!
Watch a video of it in action at the link.