It's a story you hear every day- woman goes in to see her doctor due to rapid weight loss, and an x ray reveals that she's had a felt tip pen stuck in her stomach for the last 25 years.
On subsequent questioning, she recalled unintentionally swallowing a pen 25 years earlier. While she was interrogating a spot on her tonsil with the pen she slipped, fell and swallowed the pen by mistake. Her husband and general practitioner dismissed her story and plain abdominal films done at the time were reported as normal. A gastroscopy demonstrated a plastic felt-tip pen sitting in the lumen of the stomach without evidence of any gastric damage [...] The pen was still in working order (figure 2). This case highlights that plain abdominal x-rays may not identify ingested plastic objects and occasionally it may be worth believing the patient's account however unlikely it may be.
They should use this story to advertise those pens, because if it can still write after 25 years in somebody's stomach that's one heck of a quality pen!