The Mystery of the Michelin Windows

0

A replica of the "Semelle" window

The Michelin Man aka Bibendum was featured in three stained glass windows when the Michelin tire company set up business in its Fulham Road location in London in 1911. However the beautiful art deco windows were removed in 1939 at the beginning of WWII and taken to another Michelin location for safe storage. They disappeared soon after and the company is now appealing for their return in time for the Michelin House Building centenary celebration in January.

The current windows are high quality recreations based on the best interpretations of tinted pictures and black and white photographs.

The person who provides information leading to the return of the original windows will be offered a stained glass amnesty and rewarded with a dinner for two at the Michelin-starred chefs' luncheon event scheduled in January at Michelin House.

Link

Newest 5
Newest 5 Comments

Commenting is closed.





Check out Twaggies' very funny clip:

Om Nom - Twaggies by Twaggies
Email This Post to a Friend
"The Mystery of the Michelin Windows"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.

 

Success! Your email has been sent!

close window