Saved by a Toddler

150Joshua2-year-old Joshua Brookes dialed 999 when his mother Isobel fell unconscious. The operator was able to keep Joshua on the line long enough to trace the call to his home in Wigan, England. She instructed Joshua to let the policeman in, although he had to stand on a box to reach the door handle. Isobel, who suffers from a rare heart condition, was taken to a hospital and has made a complete recovery.
Back at home in Ashton-in-Makerfield, Isobel said she had taught both Joshua, now three, and his older sister Amy, six, how to dial 999 in an emergency as soon as they could talk because her heart condition makes her prone to passing out.

She said: "Amy has done it before, but she was at school this time. I didn't know anything about it until I woke up with a paramedic standing over me.

"Joshua did really well. I'm really proud of him."

Link (with audio clip) -via Arbroath

Newest 3
Newest 3 Comments

yay! i also like that she seems to have good boundaries and just be giving her kids tools, instead of doing what a lot of parents in that position do and being like "my kid is going to save me! it is my kids' responsibility to save me! omg he saved my life!"
Abusive comment hidden. (Show it anyway.)
Commenting is closed.

Email This Post to a Friend
"Saved by a Toddler"

Separate multiple emails with a comma. Limit 5.


Success! Your email has been sent!

close window

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More